Girls on the Go…here is what you need to take in your lil’ bag to Ultra Music Festival & Miami Music Week…
We live here – we know the festival – and we know what girls need on the go to get ready & have some fun in the sun! WooHoo!
1. A Clear Bag – Ultra has a clear bag policy https://ultramusicfestival.com/info/clear-bag-policy/ Yes, you might get in with another type of bag, but you might not – It will all depend on the security person at that time. Just take a clear bag. I found a good selection and prices 10-$15) at ClearHandbags.com, and this pink one is Walmart.com
2. SaniGirl – This is the item that you will be happiest to have! The best way to to deal with gross public bathrooms and portapotties! This product will keep you clean and germ free. These are convenient, easy to use disposable funnels for girls to go to the bathroom standing up. They are super compact and can easily fold and fit in your pocket, ready to pop open and use. Venus Pack of 10 $7.99, or buy 3 packs and save Plus free same day shipping www.sanigirl.com 3. Collapsible Water Bottle – Miami is hot! You’ll be in the crowd – make sure you stay
hydrated with water. Take an empty collapsible water bottle. There are FREE water filling stations inside Ultra. Get one with a clip to hang on your purse or belt loop. These you can find at Walmart. 4. Wipes for everything! – Savvy Travelers has a great selection – Stay clean & fresh. Wipes for your hands, deodorant, booty, makeup wipes, surfaces, electronics, etc. Individual packs are the way to go when you are traveling or have small bags($10-$15). 5. Sunscreen – Miami is Sun capital & HUMID! FACE – My derm Dr. gave me a sample and sold me on this one, it is fantastic for Miami – your face won’t melt off or break out. Colorescience Sunforgettable Mineral SPF 30 Sunscreen Brush – at many online retailers such as Amazon (about $60 it lasts and is worth it). BODY – Get individual packs of Sunscreen for your body such as these.. Sunscreen Lotion By Sunx Spf30+, 10 Packets – $6 (Amazon) 6. Oil Control Blotting Tissues – For long days & nights in South Florida these are GREAT and help keep you looking good! Just touch your face to remove shine and help keep makeup in place. Natural Bamboo Charcoal Oil Absorbing Tissues or Zon Cosmedix Blotting Tissues are some I like. Comes in small packs that pop out 1 at a time, and they last! (65 – 100 per pack between $6-$8 per pack on Amazon). 7. Your Phone & Portable Phone Charger – don’t forget this. Find compact – good ones just about anywhere. Charge and take.
8. Sunglasses & Advil – Your regular cool shades & diffraction glasses, & Advil – get the tiny indiv. packs anywhere. 9. Cash, Tickets & ID. All are must haves. Don’t wait for ATM’s – take cash with you & back up with a credit card.
10. Other & Makeup – Your usual that you always fit in around everything else.
You are now packed and ready Girl On the Go….Miami! 😀
If you are like me – you so ENJOY getting together with friends around the holidays but… the thought of doing it with an already crammed schedule & at your house can be overwhelming. This is a guide for hosting a great, easy, fun spontaneous get together at your house with little prep time – because we are already super busy this time of year. The Reason
The focus is on you having a great night with your company! So remember this throughout the preparations and event. Forget about wanting to have things appear to your version of perfect – don’t even go there in your mind! This is about enjoying the time together! The Invite
Send a group message to all those you’d like to invite. Have all the details in your first message so you don’t have 50 messages following asking questions. Include day, time, theme or purpose, and ask for an RSVP – ASAP. Food and Serving The idea here is nice, festive, and manageable. Plan a variety of food, but only actually cooking 2-3 things.
Timing & Planning 2 Days Before
To get ready – start with whatever snippets of time 2 days before – a total of 2 hours that day. Think buffet style with separate drink station (easier hosting than a sit down dinner). Decide where stations will be. Drink station – pull out your card table or clear your counter/bar off and put a tablecloth over the area. Get out your cooler & ice buckets and glasses and put them there. Same with food buffet area – clear off, tablecloth if needed, and get out serving platters, utensils, plates and place there, now you see the space. Decide on guest area and move tables/chairs as needed. Music – If you do not have a holiday playlist already – don’t make one. Plan to put on the already perfect Holiday Channels by Apple Music/Pandora/TV, or a Christmas radio station! Just charge/get your devices ready. Shopping: I suggest you think about just going to ONE specialty store unless you are lucky to live where you have a district of stores right together. Otherwise who has time for 5 stops! Think one Specialty Market (Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, etc.) they have a great variety of gourmet food, bakery, drinks, and many at a fraction of the price you pay at your regular grocery chains. After the specialty store stop at your regular grocery store to pick up remaining items.
Unpack the drinks at the drink station, put items in cooler, and leave the rest at the station ready to serve. Place 2-3 small dishes (to remind you to fill with Limes, Cherries) Menu
There’s an APP for that.. yes but here is a list don’t waste time getting distracted:-) Apps – These are all no cook items except boiling salted water for shrimp and cooking them (party day) till just pink then drain and refrigerate.
Dry breadsticks, crackers **
Shrimp (Large raw uncooked shell on)**
Snowman Dip (recipe below)
Prosciutto or Serrano Ham** Main Dishes
Gazpacho Shots and/or green salad
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes Desert
** All come from specialty market
Soft Drinks, Wine, Beer, Limes/Cherries
If you know what everyone drinks great – if not stick with above
The Day Before
• Check decorations, if you are missing any – bring out some more candles (or if afraid of kids or pets use flameless) take 15 mins and decorate with extra greens just setting them around with pinecones, ribbon, or ornaments by themselves or inside crystal or other type bowls looks great!
• Clean up the house – How much time do you have? I set a timer for 10 mins. per room and clean against the clock to manage getting it done fast.
• Prep your food. Mix together the dip, make the gazpacho, and the turkey Roll. The only cooking the day of the event will be roasting the potatoes.
Allow 2 or preferably 3 hours to get ready and prep food.
• Boil salted water to cook shrimp till pink – drain and pat dry. Place shrimp on platters with cool wet paper towels over them and refrigerate.
• Put the olives in bowls, slice the bread and pour olive oil (with herbs mixed in on a plate next to it for dipping), cut the cheese (triangles) place breadsticks, cheese, grapes, jamon serrano/prosciutto on serving platters. Take out dip balls and form into snowman on plate & decorate/serve with crackers. If you are making a green salad assemble together but don’t dress until about serving time. Pour gazpacho into single serve small glasses or shot glasses put on tray. Keep refrigerated until serving.
• Fill coolers with ice about 2 hours before the guest arrive
• Roast potatoes in oven with salt and tossed in olive oil and herbs. Warm the Turkey Roll.
Give your house a quick review, light the candles, turn on music, then fill the ice bucket as guests arrive. Just leave the prepped fridge items chilling until guest arrive then place them on buffet. Enjoy!
I usually set a timer (so I remember) for the time that I want to switch from apps to main, and from main to desert time. I quickly clear off buffet app trays – bring out salad, gazpacho, turkey and potatoes. Likewise at desert time – just quickly clear buffet area and place out cookie platters and offer coffee/tea.
Enjoy the party! Your guests will help themselves to food and drinks! You’re free to relax and converse and enjoy the moment! If you remember -snap a few pictures to later print and give to your friends – to remember sharing good times and holiday cheer together!
www.sanigirl.com – Promoting convenience and healthy living for Women on-the-go.
Snowman – Gazpacho – Potatoes – Turkey Recipes Below…
Note: May need to adjust recipe amounts for Number of Guests
Happy Snowman Dip What you need:
1. Two 8oz packages of cream cheese
2. 4 oz shredded white cheddar cheese
3. Spices: salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder
4. Decorations: canned red pepper, raisins, allspice or pepper corns, pretzel sticks
In a food processor beat cream cheese and cheddar. Add spices to taste. Make 2 balls of different sizes (head and body) and wrap them in plastic wrap. Refrigerate. Finish the balls by smoothing them with hand or knife. Decorate! Pair with crackers.
4 servings- you may want to double for approx. 12 servings in small glasses.
1-2 eggs (cooked)
1 clove small garlic
2 slices bread or stale bread
1/2 Pomegranate (inside fruit)
to taste olive oil extra virgin
to taste apple cider vinegar
Using a blender – Put in tomatoes cut into chunks, peeled cucumber cut into chunks, peeled garlic clove and 1 hardboiled egg, pour the virgin extra olive oil, vinegar, and salt and ¼ grains of Granada. Beat everything few minutes introducing the bread and continue beating until the gazpacho texture is well connected and creamy, after beat everything well, tasted with a spoon, we tested and tasted our taste if you need something more salt or vinegar or oil is added and blend some more. When blended to smooth texture – pour in pitcher and store in refrigerator. May need to blend a minute before serving to regain texture (depending on storage time). Pour into the small glasses or shot glasses before party and garnish with any of these items. Chopped hard-boiled egg, cucumber, serrano ham, pomegranate, finely chopped. https://cookpad.com/es/recetas/1329660-salmorejo-a-la-granada
Turkey Roulade (Serves 8)
3 half Turkey breast (about 1lbs each)
1lbs ground beef
1lbs ground pork
Caramelized onion 1 ½ cups
Dates 1 cup
Salt and pepper
We filet the turkey breasts into one large fillet each.
Take a piece of aluminum foil and paint it with olive oil to prevent turkey from sticking.
Place the turkey fillet, add salt and 1/3 or the pate and onions
Season the ground pork and beef with salt and pepper and mix both.
Put some meat on each roulade
Add a row of dates on top
Top it with a bit more of meat. Make sure you don’t put too much. You will need to roll the turkey.
Roll the turkey with the assistance of the foil. Make sure it is tight. It is ok if some of the filling shows.
Bake inside the foil at 400F with convection oven for 40 minutes. Let cool, refrigerate till time to warm up for party, paint with olive oil and put in oven to warm. Slice and put on platter.
Fingerling Potatoes (3Lb bag/adjust # for guests)
Wash fingerling potatoes, pat dry, toss in olive oil and herbs such as rosemary, oregano, or some lemon, sage, etc. and then sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Place in oven at 425 till soft and golden – approx 40 mins.
It’s that time of the year again. The time of joy and gifting! I am a very practical person so when choosing stocking stuffers I try to get items that the person will really enjoy and use. My favorites are items for the on-the-go situations. I personally spend a lot of time out of my home. I drive my daughter to her numerous activities, drive from business meeting to business meeting, or run errands around town. I might leave home in the morning and not return until dinner time or later.
These are my top choices for on-the-go stocking stuffers. I suggest buying items #1-#9 and put them into #10 and give to your friends all together!
1. Wipes. I am a huge fan of wipes! Hand sanitizer, surface cleaner, deodorant, and make up remover are my favorites that I always carry around. I really like the ones from Savvy Travelers www.savvytravelers.com
Pack of 10 is only $10.00
2. Band-Aids. You never know when you get a cut or a blister but having these around is a must.
3. Antibiotic ointment. A must to pair with the Band-Aids.
4. Nail file. I use to buy a file every time I stepped out of the house but now I just carry it with me. I found these super cute mini emery boards on Amazon. Pack of 12 for $5.89
5. Lip balm or lipstick. Makes me feel pretty and fresh even if I have been on the road for hours.
6. Tissues. Don’t leave home without them!
7. Toothbrush and paste. Best way to still feel fresh away from home. Colgate wisp are great disposable ones to have on-the-go. This 24pack is 4.09 at Target
8. SaniGirl. This is an absolute must of course if you are out of your home over 2 hours. Just put some in your purse or in the beauty pouch and you don’t have to worry about bathroom time. These amazing funnels allow you to stand and pee so you don’t have to squat, or touch any germy surface. SaniGirl comes in 2 sizes: Venus for women over 12 and My Little Helper for girls 11 and younger. It is discreet, convenient and clean.
They are $7.99 for a pack of 10 funnels or $7.49 per pack of 10 when you buy the 3 pack bundle. We have free shipping for order of 3 packs or more. www.sanigirl.com
9. Hair brush. Yes, a quick retouch on your hair and you are good as new and ready to keep rolling. These are $12.99 for a pack of 3 in Amazon. The Wet Brush is really great for all, and will not rip thru knots on sensitive heads. wetbrushminis
10. Essentials kit bag. This is a slim and compact bag that I take with me in my purse and I fill up with items that can become handy while on-the-go. Fill this bag with items #1-9 like I do and gift away! This is a good mix kit of emergency and beauty!
I found these very cute ones in Amazon. Pack of 6 for $7.99
11. Water bottle. Cannot live without this item and of course I keep losing them at the bank, at the gym, at the park, etc. So having an extra water bottle is great.
There are many inexpensive options especially if you visit your local discount store
12. Power bank. The mini ones have great capacity and cost around $10.00
I found this cool one for $9.99 at Best Buy
13. Pashmina. I am always cold at the supermarket! Also when taking my daughter to Figure Skating practice. I have one in my car at all times.
I found in Amazon a great collection for $8.59. They have many colors. Pashmina
14. Kid’s entertainment kit. Gotta love that dollar store. An activity book and some crayons and they are well entertained while you drive around town.
15. Car mount for your phone. I use Google Maps all the time. I used to keep the phone on the seat or on my lap but that was quite distracting. I have tried a couple of car mounts that I was not crazy about. The suction cup was not very reliable and wherever I put it, it seemed to disturb my view. Last week my husband got me this one for $9.99 and I might say I am very impressed. I can put it on the air vent so it does not obstruct my view and it is very easy to use.
It is no secret that I LOVE to shop and deal hunt! Black Friday is an iconic day for just that! The sales are crazy and so are the store hours to get the early bird deals! If you plan to hit the stores in any fashion, these are my suggestions & planning tips to make your BLACK FRIDAY shopping experience FUN, productive, money saving, & a joyful start to the Holiday Season!
Create a tradition around Black Friday – Looking forward to a tradition is a mood lifter & makes it an enjoyable event to plan for. My tradition, is BLACK FRIDAY shopping with the ladies in my family. Your tradition may be with your friends as a day out of shopping, socializing & dinner, or going solo where you create your schedule and enjoy the peace or frenzy of doing your own thing!
Who’s going shopping? Envision & Plan:
If it’s just YOU plan how long you want to be gone and what stores you’re going to hit & take into account their special deal shopping times.
If you are going with friends, (or older kids) go to a mall so you can each get to the stores you want and split up & meet up easily without waiting for each other.
If you are taking small children, make it a tradition that they like to do: get them a treat, or ride the carousel at the mall, run in circles in the corner of a store, and engage them to help look for things.
If you are going with those who want to shop but get tired of walking/standing choose smaller shopping centers that not as many people frequent, or that you know have a lot of indoor or outdoor areas to take a load off.
Apps & Websites: These are great FREE Apps to download ahead of time:
Santa’s Bag (iPhone/iPad) or Christmas Gift List (Android) to keep track of your budget, list, and spending plan for each person.
ShopSavvy – Barcode Deal Scanner. Scan codes to get the best DEALS from 40,000 stores. Easy to use and lookup stores by category, name, or product scan. Scan a code and it immediately tells you who sells it, how much, the store location, also shows online shopping info.
RetailMeNot – Saves $$ at so many retailers. You can check this before visiting the store – or many times I forget until I am actually in line – and it’s so fast and easy to use that you have time in line to check it & save money with a coupon or code at checkout.
Black Friday App – Like BlackFriday.fm – A black Friday App that lists the major store Black Friday adds, store hours, and deals!
Amazon app – download this to price compare in the store so that you do not overpay! This should be a good price compare for deal finding. To decide to buy black Friday or cyber Monday.
Download the Store app – to get access to all coupons and ads directly. If you forget and are at a store, download it there or visit the stores website while you are waiting in line and check for coupons or discount codes.
Go to blackfriday.com on the web to find the Black Friday Store Ads, tips, gift trends, and more! They are all there NOW!
Black Friday Attitude: Align your attitude and mindset. Be sure you have plenty of patience, kindness, focus, and awareness.
What to Wear:
Clothing: Comfort is key – but do get ready, so that you feel and look good. If you will be trying on clothes make sure yours are quick and easy to get on on/off. Likewise for shoes. Wear a Jacket/sweater/wrap that you can tie around your waist or put in your bag to keep your hands free.
Purse or bag: Big but easy to carry. Toss in a bottle of water, and snacks like crackers, nuts, and chocolate. Don’t forget your phone, wallet, store cards, wipes and A convenient product to carry on the go because there is no other way to have a clean experience when sharing bathrooms with 100’s of shoppers. SaniGirl is a feminine accessory that allows women/girls to go standing up avoiding contact with germs and stay clean in unpleasant facilities. Clean, convenient, discreet and disposable. www.sanigirl.com (Makes great stocking stuffers too).
Fitbit – Because shopping on black Friday is great exercise to burn off the Pumpkin Pie! You’ll have time to check the time & your steps while you wait in line.
Stores: Keep in mind that not all stores are Black Friday deal stores.
Stores to AVOID on Black Friday: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, Costco & Sam’s Club. These stores have the same good prices all the time but they are NOT typically the deal places on Black Friday.
Look at your gift list of people and try to think by store. Simply too many stores for different gifts to mention here, but I find excellent sales & deals at Kohl’s and JC Penney where the median discounts last year were 60-65%. They both have a wide selection of merchandise: appliances, electronics, apparel, jewelry and toys. I also like Bath and Body Works and Brookstone for gifts.
LINES: ALWAYS look at the checkout line as SOON as you walk into the store, and decide if you want to wait it. Otherwise you may spend an hour finding things only to find that the checkout line is 45 mins long so you dump everything and go – wasting time and gaining frustration.
Gift plan: Who do you want to buy for? What is your budget?
Think about the person you are giving it to and do ask these 3 questions: Will they like it? Will they use it? Would I like to get it if I were that person?
It is OK to get people the same gift especially if you know they will LOVE it! If you see for instance a beautiful Candle that is buy 3 get 2 free – get it! Or get 10! You probably have a large number between teachers, co-workers, friends, etc. Dividing out the total $ amount by a larger quantity will usually SAVE YOU BIG $$ and time. Side benefit: You’ll have more time to perfect your eggnog recipe!
Food: Don’t eat at or very near the mall. These places will be really crowded and the wait times are bound to be long. If you are by yourself, consider just eating your snacks you packed in your bag so that you can make the most of your shopping time. If you are with others, it will be more enjoyable to eat with your Black Friday crew at a restaurant not tied to retail, less crowds and it gives you a recharge break. Or make your food the fun & relaxing end of your day to recap your adventures and connect with your company without the crowds.
Happy Shopping! I hope these tips help make your Black Friday shopping a fun, productive, money saving, and enjoyable day to kick of your holiday season!
Flying over 2 million miles has given me enough experience to become an expert on Air Travel! Over the years I have found different tricks to make the trip more enjoyable whether traveling for business or pleasure, alone or with children. Most of these I have discovered the hard way. Believe me, I’ve had my good share of mishaps! With the HOLIDAYS right around the corner, these are my top 12 recommendations: